Wednesday, March 26, 2014

The Happiness Project


To start off I'll say, my happiness is simply a result of mindfulness.  Simply put, I was sick to my stomach with being unhappy. In the era of instant gratification it's no wonder why people search for happiness in drugs, the opposite sex and material possessions. All I hear from people lately are things like,  "I  don't have a good enough job, or I can't afford that brand new car they so desire. I hate to be your wake up call, but why don't you go look in the mirror? That's the only one standing in the way of your happiness.



There's an old Chinese tale that goes something like: A man walked up to Buddha and said, "I want happiness". Buddha looked at the man and replied, "First you have to remove the I, then remove the WANT and all you are left with is happiness."

If you're confused at where to start, I found that mediation is the key to mindfulness. And mindfulness is the key to thought and emotional awareness. All of which, with proper work, will lead you to happiness.

TRY THIS SIMPLE GUIDED MEDIATION:
http://www.mindful.org/video/the-wheel-of-awareness

The root of all suffering in this world comes from attachment. So, if you're going to be attached to someone or something in this world, please make it worth it. Happiness is an inside job. Start there and you won't be disappointed. There is boundless possibilities with a properly tuned mind.

TO BE CONTINUED....

P.S
 Avoid negative energy at all cost!


No comments:

Post a Comment